Elégant.s.c.
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Pokémon EV06 : où acheter le Bundle Lot ...
Voir le deal

The Boiler Weekend - 8-9/7 Barcelona - Live! + djs

AuteurMessage
tofi69

tofi69

The Boiler Weekend - 8-9/7 Barcelona - Live! + djs Empty
MessageSujet: The Boiler Weekend - 8-9/7 Barcelona - Live! + djs   The Boiler Weekend - 8-9/7 Barcelona - Live! + djs EmptyVen 8 Juil - 1:59

THE BOILER CLUB
theboilerclub@yahoo.es

THE BOILER WEEKEND > 8 & 9 July 2010
THE BOILER's 8th Anniversary!

The Boiler Weekend - 8-9/7 Barcelona - Live! + djs Boiler+weekend+2011

NEXT DATES:
September 10th 2011
November 12th 2011

BANDS:

Friday 8th, 23:00h til 00:00h (punctuality!)

THE EXCELLOS live!

Boogie children!

Saturday 9th, 23:00h til 00:00h (punctuality!)

ELLA & THE OBSIDIANS live!

Whatcha gonna do?

GUEST DJs:
CHRIS DALE (UK)

JOHNNY ALPHA (UK)

BILL KEALY (Ireland)

TIP TOP DADDY (Alicante, SP)

+Resident Djs: Jordi Duro & Cristina Alonso

Euro Ye Ye 2011 Presentation Party (Gijon, August 4th/7th 2011, www.euroyeye.es)

At JAZZ ROOM
Carrer Vallmajor nº 33 – Plaza d’Adria (Barcelona)
FFCC: Muntaner

Bands: 23:00h til 00:00h
Warm Up: from 22:30h
Allnighters: 00:30h til 5:00h

Admission: 12 euros - each night (including drink)

WARNING: Very limited capacity. Arrive early or you’ll be left out!

SATURDAY AFTERNOON

'Mardi Gras Bop Up Shop and Mercadillo’
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=226364090726373&ref=mf

At GALERIA KAVEL > Carrer Napols 309, Barcelona

For sale; records, t-shirts, artworks, clothing, bags, babywear, illustration, posters, vintage bits and bobs, postcards and more.For sale; records, t-shirts, artworks, clothing, bags, babywear, illustration, posters, vintage bits and bobs, postcards and more.'Mardi Gras Bop Up Shop and Mercadillo' at Galeria Kavel

Vermut from 11 to 14h - Beers from 17 to 20h
Saturday 9th of July 2011
Galeria Kavel, Napols 309, Barcelona, 08025

Crisalida Confeccions, Discos Mardi Gras, Miamigapa, Raquel Ares, Lord Dunsby and Galeria Kavel artists.

Special exhibition
'Cut & Paste by Malen y Jerdi. The Jazz Problem.'
These collages are a revenge for all the time spent as children in infant school when we were not allowed to use sharp scissors. This frustration led to years of compensating for the crime, destroying magazines, books, handouts and flyers… Making these images has been a diverting pastime for as long as we can remember. These chaotic musical collages have now been put into some order to create small works of art in their own right. We pay homage and show respect to the fantastic photographer's and designer's work that we admire and have in turn destroyed...
Jazz is not a problem.

SUNDAY AFTERNOON

At BARBARA ANN > Carrer Taquigraf Garriga 163, Barcelona
Metro Hospital Clinic or Les Corts
Free entry
From 20:00h

Bands & Selectors:

THE EXCELLOS (UK) > Boogie children!

http:// www.mypsace.com/theexcellos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdVOc3SHktU&feature=share
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qrv0rpzJsw&feature=related

“The Beatles of Swamp Rock: The Excellos Spirit of Excello Records - For any of you who were fans of Excello Records, the premier American Swamp Rock Blues Record label in the 50’s home of the great blues men: Slim Harpo, Lazy Lester, Lightnin’ Slim, Charles Sheffield, Roscoe Shelton, Lonesome Sundown, Silas Hogan and Arthur Gunter, an English rock group The Excellos named after the record company that influenced them, have become the keepers of the Excello Records flame, playing both classic Excello Swamp rock and original swamp rock with Excello roots. I’m really surprised nobody thought of doing what The Excellos did sooner. I discovered them surfing the web and was absolutely knocked out. Unlike most bands who’s original’s can’t match their influence’s covers, The Excellos originals exceed them! Quite simply they are “The Beatles of Swamp Rock”. I love their sound, image and their sole album, The Excellos. Craig Shaw on vocals, harmonica and guitar seems to be the “Front Man” from what I gather and he looks like he should star in a 1950s drivin’ movie or TV series batting Zombies and Supernatural Geeks…”

ELLA & THE OBSIDIANS (GER) > Whatcha gonna do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVXPOZtJHF0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f33IFWX7-os&feature=share

"The Obsidian fraternity, mad men drinkin' booze and sweatin' gas...
You choose, from Gino Washington to Link Wray, a hit combo of Rhythm n' Blues, Rhythm n' Soul shaked with primitive 60's frat rockers garage jivers and ruff swamp strolls...boot twisters boot stompers, just boots and some boots which never exist...and remember!!! NO SCHUFFLE damage on stage. All for greasy cheesies, moptop jivers, flat-top shakers, cats, dogs and ancient gods!! for all those high classed hips to the black cats from the crypt...just join if you have a while... here in the House of the Crocodrile."

CHRIS DALE (UK)

“Started djing in the late 80’s at London clubs, and in the early 90’s started running a popular soul club in Kings Cross – The Sunday Shakedown – along with becoming a regular with the New Untouchables team. I have appeared at various English and European rallies over the last twenty years, including a 10-year run at Rimini for the Smart drivers. Also various mod and northern soul clubs, Hideaway, Scenesville, Mousetrap, Beat Bespoke, Boiler club, Coast to Coast to name just a few, as well as Euro Ye Ye in 2005. My musical taste run to all mod genres, however I am most well known for my northern and R&B sets, with a splash of SKA.”

Helen Troy – I think I love you (KAPP)
Tommy McCook – Goldfinger (Studio One)
Manny Corchado – Pow Wow (Decca)
Betty Lou & Bobby Adams – Dr Truelove (TRA-X)
Gene Toones – What more do you want (SIMCO)

JOHNNY ALPHA (UK)

“I dj at the Go-Go Cage in Liverpool and at various 60's clubs and festivals all over Europe. Host the internet radio show Killer Diller every Tuesday night 10.30PM till the Midnight Hour on wirelessfm.net. As for my style I love the sleazy stuff, be it fuzz, sax, wailing vocals or just that certain sound that makes you want to dance till you drop.”

Dusty Wilson - Can’t do without you (Bronse)
Brice Coefield - Cha Cha Twist (Madison)
Shu Swanson & the Savoyards - Heartbreak (Laurie)
Sonny Till & the Orioles - Hey little woman (Parker)
The Out Crowd - Get yourself together part 3 (Omen)
J.J. Jackson - Oo-ma-liddi (Prelude)
Willie& the Hand Jives - Gotta find a new love (Veep)
Ray Singer - Tell me now (Roulette)

BILL KEALY (Ireland)

“I’ve been collecting 45's for about 23 years.In the beginning it was mainly 60's mod bands but that soon moved on to sixties soul and Motown.More recently, the last 10 years or so I have more or less only been collecting 50's And 60's R&B... I started my first club in 1996 and since then have always been involved in some club.My current club is called 'For Dancers Only' based in Wexford, Ireland and we are now into our 7th year...We are lucky to have had some of the finest Soul & R&B djs in Ireland, The UK and Europe come and play for us… I have dj'd at more or less all the mod and soul clubs in Ireland over the years and now play regularly at 'Sleepless Nights Soulclub' in Dublin.I've also guested at many clubs in the UK and Europe including'Gran Varieta - Turin', 'Klubb Magnus - Oslo' ,' Basics - Edinburgh' ,'Afterglow' and 'Snap' - Belfast,'The Hideaway Club', 'Out Of The Blue' and 'Down in the Basement' - Manchester.”

Mary Ann Fisher - Put On Your Shoes (Fire)
The Ascots - She Did (Bethlehem)
Barry White - Tracy (Faro)
Marty Lewis - Satisfied With My Lovin' (Flame)
Otis Blackwell - Let The Daddy Hold You (Jay Dee)
Jimmy McCracklin - Whats That Pt 1 (Mercury)
Ray Williams - No Quitting (Space)
Melvin Davis - Wedding Bells (Ke Ke)
Johnny Watson - Big Bad Wolf (Magnum)
Bunker Hill - You Cant Make Me Doubt My Baby (Mala)

TIP TOP DADDY (Alicante, SP)

Tip Top Daddy will make us all dance to the frantic pace of his 45s. In his sessions, we can enjoy the wild rock and roll from the late 50s and early 60s, Larry Williams, Chuck Berry, Mike Waggoner & The Bops, Benny Joy, The Velaires… from all-time classics to more obscure stuff. He has been a collector of 45 rpm records for years and he is also a guitarist and singer in several bands (Little Boy Arnold, Four Dots, Charlie Hightone & The Rock-It’s) and member of the Ubangi Stomp organization.

Cosmo - I'm a little mix up (Tilt)
Icky Renrut - Ho Ho (Stevens)
Benny Joy - Money Money (Buck Ram)
Trini Lopez - Sinner not a Saint (United Modern)
Rod Bernard - Recorded in England (Teardrop)

RESIDENT DJs: Jordi Duro & Cristina Alonso

THE BOILER (Rhythm'n'Soul Club @ Barcelona)
www.theboilerclub.comThe Boiler Weekend - 8-9/7 Barcelona - Live! + djs Saturday+at+galeria+kavel
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

The Boiler Weekend - 8-9/7 Barcelona - Live! + djs
Page 1 sur 1